Master of Law in Estate Planning at Osborne & Osborne P.A.
Maureen Healey Kennon P.A. merged her firm with Osborne & Osborne P.A. on July 1, 2013 after twenty-two years of operating her own successful legal practice in Boca Raton.
Education and Experience
After graduating with Honors from Northwestern University, she attended the University of Notre Dame and Loyola University Law Schools receiving her Juris Doctorate in 1974. In 1979, she received her Master of Law in Estate Planning from University of Miami Law School. She practiced in Chicago at the law firm of Tenney and Bentley and became a Partner in their Trust and Estate practice area.
In 1983, she moved to Florida and joined the Broad and Cassel, Boca Raton, Florida office and became Partner in charge of Estate Planning and Probate until opening her own firm in Boca Raton in 1991.
Membership/Awards/Radio and Television
- The Florida Bar (Member: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section).
- Illinois Bar (active member).
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the leading service for ranking attorneys in the United States.
- Frequent guest appearances in WXEL’s: “Wealth and Wisdom” series.
- Radio guest of Steve Pomeranz: On the Money”.
- Speaking engagements sponsored by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Merrill Lynch, SunTrust and others concerning sophisticated techniques in estate and tax planning throughout South Florida.
Community Involvement and Family Life
Ms. Kennon is an active supporter of JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) in the Palm Beaches, and a sponsor for the “Walk for the Cure” in Boca Raton since 2007.
Ms. Kennon also donates time to her alma mater, Northwestern University, as an active member of the Northwestern University Alumni Club of South Florida.
Ms. Kennon is married with a wonderful son and one beautiful grandson.